Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Holy Crap! (Or, how I learned that I should write more often because I don't go crazy that way.)

I might actually need to schedule in blogging to my Google Calendar. Most of my life is run by Google these days. I had to schedule in my workouts at Lifetime into my work schedule after a couple of weeks of slacking.

My new summer schedule starts next week. I'm really excited for it to begin already. It'll be the first time I've worked all days since I started with Allina over 2 years ago. I can go to church every weekend, and my nights are almost exclusively free, despite working 7 days in a row. It may sound ridiculous, but I'm looking forward to going to bed at 9ish. I can't remember the last time I was in bed before 10 or 11pm...honest.

I'm moving out of my irresponsible dog owner infested apartment building in June. I'll have roommates for the first time in 6 years, which at nearly 28 will take a little getting used to. Not that I'm not totally pumped to live with these guys, who I've known for the better part of a decade now...but having to work with the comings and goings of 3 other people will be different after so many years of basically doing what I want, when I want...as loud as I want.

I'll be able to play my drums every day again, which will be so good for me. As much as I appreciate my dad loaning me the Roland rig, it'll be great to sit down behind a "real" drumkit after work and start to bring back my chops. I recently upgraded a few bits of my kit and I'm really looking forward to giving them the workout they need. Being able to lead worship in March was really what I needed to get me out of a slump. It had been about 6 months since I'd played out anywhere, and I was getting a little stir crazy. It's tough to look at the most consistent thing in your life for the last 20+ years cased up and stacked in a corner every day. I notice when I'm not doing things musically, my spiritual walk seems to falter as well. I know there's always been a tie between music and spirituality for me as far back as I can remember. I've been told the happiest I seem is playing my drums, and I feel like that's true. There's probably some scholarly analysis of that situation that wouldn't bode well for me as a "whole Christian", but that's for another day. :) Anyway...look for more frequent stuff from me in the coming weeks as summer rapidly approaches.

Oh, I'm totally enjoying Season 1 of Smallville, 7 years after it came out...nobody said I was quick on the uptake.

No comments: